Applications for July 2018 intake.
Application Period: 1 Feb to 20 Mar 2018
Previously known as UniSIM, SUSS (Singapore University of Social Sciences) is a strong believer of lifelong learning. SUSS offers a variety of sponsorships to new as well as existing students pursuing their studies in SUSS.
The SUSS-HomeTeamNS Sponsorship scheme aims to provide suitable candidates with the opportunity to enrol in undergraduate programmes with SUSS and develop skills for life.
Who is Eligible?
Application for the SUSS-HomeTeamNS Sponsorship is open to all HomeTeamNS Ordinary members. You must have impressive academic and co-curricular activities records, strong language skills and demonstrable leadership qualities. You must also not already be a degree holder.
New students must meet the admission requirements for the programme of study applied for at SUSS. They must separately seek admission to the programme and must be accepted for admission before being considered for the sponsorship.
Tenure of Sponsorship
The sponsorship is awarded for the period required to complete the full programme of study. Sponsorship is only awarded for undergraduate programmes.
Value of Sponsorship
The value of the sponsorship is as follows:
- Singapore Citizens who are eligible for government subsidy – award will cover up to 80% of the total course fee (inclusive of government subsidy).
- Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above who are eligible for government subsidy – award will cover up to 92% of the total course fee (inclusive of government subsidy and Skillsfuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy). More information on SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy.
- Singapore Permanent Residents who are eligible for government subsidy – award will cover up to 60% of the total course fee (inclusive of government subsidy).
- Students who are not eligible for government subsidy – award will cover up to 50% of the total course fee.
There is no bond attached to the sponsorship.
Hear what SUSS-HomeTeamNS Sponsorship recipient Azmi Ahmad had to say here.
For new students, you must submit your admission e-application first before submitting your application for sponsorship.
Previously unsuccessful candidates need not re-apply. Only successful candidates shall be notified via email by mid May for July Semester.
Terms & Conditions
- You are advised to read through the Terms & Conditions before applying.
- The decision of the Student Awards Committee of SUSS is final and binding, and no reasons will be given for the non-selection of unsuccessful candidates. No appeals will be entertained.
- For enquiries pertaining to SUSS degree courses, please call 6248-9777.
- For HomeTeamNS enquiries, email comms@HomeTeamNS.sg