The Finance Manager is responsible for the full spectrum of financial functions and management of the organization including the supervision of the daily functions of the Finance team. He/she will report to the Director, Corporate Services. The main job scopes (but not limited to) are as follow:
MAIN JOB SCOPES:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Develop, streamline and enhance financial management and reporting processes;
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly annual financial statements and reports
- manage income and expenditure in order to promote financial sustainability;
- Timely analysis and interpret the financial results to the management and highlight adverse performance and findings clearly and efficiently to other Head of Department and Management members of the organization;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the financial statements and those financial and business related legislative compliances and deadlines are met;
- Oversee treasury management and banking functions and liaise with the fund managers on the organisation’s investments and monitors the investment funds of the organisation;
- Coordinate and attend as a staff member at the Functional Committee such as Finance and Audit Committees meetings;
- Formulate strategic and long-term financial plans of the organisation;
- To undertake any other finance and accounting tasks assigned from time to time.
- Manage and oversee the annual budgeting process including effective planning, guidelines, assumptions and budget consolidation for all departments.;
- Closely monitor expenditure and manage the organization’s annual budget; Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances;
- Perform mid-year forecast and budget review for the organization;
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
Compliance and Control
- In-depth working knowledge and understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, GST requirement for non-profit organization and any other relevant statutory requirement for a non-profit organization;
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation and ensure compliance with the relevant latest legislation etc;
- Proficiency in developing and implementing various effective and efficient financial policies and control procedures for the organisation;
- Timely and regular review of financial policies, systems, and work process so as to ensure sound internal control is put in place and at the same time, stay relevancy to the operational and organisational needs;
- Liaise with both internal and external auditors in the annual statutory internal and external audits;
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. Ministry, auditors, bankers and statutory boards such as the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
Relationship Management and communication
- Establish strong working relationships and communicate effectively with other non-financial background Head of Department and Management and provide coaching to streamline work processes.
- Persuasive, confident and able to adapt and link the practical cases in the coaching process.
- A CA Singapore is a must;
- At least 10 years working experience in accounting and financial field included at least 3 years working experience in overseeing the finance department;
- Good experience in presenting the financial results and analyses to management;
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of accounting software and MS Office such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word etc;
- Prefer those with working experience in club or association but not a must;
- In addition, the ideal candidate should possess these key personality attributes:
- Persistence, assertiveness yet resilience in problem solving;
- Proactive and ability to demonstrate logical thinking in order to gather and analyze a variety of information is an absolute necessity in the finance field;
- Cultivate and uphold professionalism and work ethics;
- Honest, trustworthy and high in integrity;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to self-start and self-monitoring in carrying the financial functions efficiently and effectively without direct supervision and guidance.
Interested candidates please send or email your detailed resume with a recent photograph, stating your current and expected salary to:
The Human Resource Department
31 Ah Hood Road,